Sunday, January 16

the rieger hotel

photo by Tina Magee-Jenks
photo by Tina Magee-Jenks / menu design by Fresh Fish Creative / menu illustration by Chris Magee-Jenks
photo by Tina Magee-Jenks / menu design by Fresh Fish Creative / menu illustration by Chris Magee-Jenks
photo by Tina Magee-Jenks
photo by Tina Magee-Jenks
photo by Tina Magee-Jenks

My most recent restaurant project, The Rieger Hotel Grill & Exchange, is the newest enterprise by my friend Ryan Maybee and Chef Howard Hanna. I designed the logo, business cards and menus (menu illustrations by Chris Magee-Jenks). My husband is one of their wine reps and Chris' wife, Tina, is the photographer who took all these great photos on "friends and family" night. Kansas City is so incestuous.

I have a few more posts planned for The Rieger including:
•  a closer look at the logo and menu design
•  a food + cocktail review
•  design + architecture of the space

For now, I'd like to introduce to you Tina Magee-Jenks of backyard INK. There is a certain je ne sais quoi that makes me feel like I'm in her photographs. For The Rieger, it was the warm, intimate atmosphere, the way things had the slightest sparkle. Last year, Tina quit nannying to focus on backyard INK with her photography and illustrations. All I have to say is GOOD MOVE. See more of her work on her blog. You can see + buy her work on etsy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you. are. AWESOME.
thanks for the amazing shout out, and the free night out. :) you guys help us out so much, and someday (when we can afford it) we're gonna pay you back. ;)