Tuesday, June 30

Extra Virgin


My first time at Extra Virgin was during the day. I was immediately mesmerized by the beautifully designed space, the witty t-shirts worn by the servers, even the bathroom. But four small plates, one cup of tea and a cup of coffee later and we had spent a hefty $50. Although the food was great, I was still hungry, my wallet hurt and I was officially unmesmerized. For lunch, it felt a little extravagant. I wasn't that impressed.

But we gave it another go after hearing about their "new" Happy Hour. It's from 11 am to 6 pm. Select plates are half off, wine and cocktails are $2 off and beers are $2.50. Now that I could manage. Click here to see their menu.

We had an excellent server named Steffan (newly imported from Chicago) who overheard that it was our anniversary and offered the wine discount that didn't actually start until later. He put our napkins in our laps, cleared our table in a timely manner, made drink suggestions and was friendly and engaging. If you stop by, you should definitely ask for him.

I'm glad someone is paying attention to the economic climate and is flexible enough to make the necessary changes to build the business and make it thrive. A price slash for lunch through regular happy hour times? Definitely a good move in my book. I will be back!

photos from Extra Virgin

No comments: