Monday, June 15

The Cutest Bags

I've been making my own cloth bags recently. They are super easy to make, even for the basic seamstress (like me) and they're quick so you get a real sense of accomplishment when you start whipping them out. Here are a couple of tutorials if you want to make your own.

The first, from Betz White, is a cute shoe bag that will keep your shoes from dirtying your clothes when you travel. Also great for packing intimates or used as gift bags. I add buttons and appliques to mine for that extra special oomph. Click here for the shoe bag tutorial.

If you don't want to make them yourself, then come buy one from me at the 39th Street Farmer's Market ($3 for small/medium bags, $5 for large bags). I'll be there almost every Wednesday from 5 pm - 7:30.

The second, a DIY Warm Greetings bag from Style Me Pretty, is actually a pre-made muslin bag that you sew tags on to personalize. A great idea for the winter holidays, but you can change it up for any holiday and any season, like this bride did for her winter wedding. This is going on my to-do list to make for my fabulous girlfriends - they will be filled with mini bottles of champagne and yummy chocolates...but I'm making the bags myself. Click here for the tutorial.

No comments: