Monday, June 13

Horse Glasses

Image Source: Candystore Collective
Image Source: Candystore Collective
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
When I was at the antique mall, I saw this beautiful set of drinking glasses, frosted, with simple gold and white horses. I already have so much glassware of my own, but I couldn't resist buying them for my Kentucky Derby loving friend Jeanne. Before I could them gift them to her, I ran into one of my favorite servers, Rita at Genessee Royale. Rita is also a horse lover who, like Jeanne, throws a big Kentucky Derby party every year. Unlike this set pictured above, mine did not have the wire carrier and it only had seven glasses. So Rita ended up with three and Jeanne got four. The full set is available at Candystore Collective for $96. I think I got my seven loose glasses for $10. I practically stole them, right?


When I purchased these horse glasses, I immediately texted Jeanne: I have a prezzie for you! She promptly replied: I have something for you too! Later, we exchanged our unexpected surprises for each other, and I shrieked with delight. Guess what she got me? Juice glasses! Thanks to Tina at backyardINK for sharing this link.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Thank you again! I do love them, and love that we both think of others when we are moving through our day.

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious! you should post a pic of the glasses she got you. :)