Tuesday, April 27

M&S Grill

M&S Grill, an off-shoot of McCormick & Schmick's, just started serving Sunday brunch last month. I love buffets, but brunch is a tough meal for me to pig out on. I only got small bites of half the items offered and even that is a huge helping of food. I built my own Bloody Mary, skipped the made-to-order Belgian Waffles and parfait and did I already say that it's too much food in the morning???

Usually on Sundays, I roll out of bed, run my hands through my hair, brush my teeth and throw on the easiest, most comfy outfit I can muster the energy for. This is not the place to be my grungy self. The food was mostly good, but it was missing the charm from my preferred brunch places, Happy Gillis and Cafe Europa. I especially did not like the corn chips they used in the Southwestern egg strata, they overwhelmed the entire dish. My biggest complaint is that we were there early and the food was lukewarm. Read The Pitch review here.

The best part of brunch? My filled to the brim Bloody Mary. I checked just about every garnish you could stick in there. And it was devoured in seconds. Maybe that was why I wasn't so hungry. :)

on the Country Club Plaza
4646 JC Nichols Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64112
816.531.7799

*$18.95 per person // $8.95 for kids ages 7-12
10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.

Reservations recommended.

No comments: