Saturday, February 13

Gypsy Emporium

With every crafts fair I go to, I see the handmade scene in Kansas City growing so much. I wish I had more money to buy all the wonderful art, jewelry and goodies I saw. Today was a little trip through Gypsy Emporium. One treasure I bought is not shown, it's going straight into the gift closet and waiting for a good home. Here's what I did manage to get my hands on:
{1} Aptrick Photo. Patrick Andrew Adams photography of nostalgic toys are magical and offbeat. Printed on paper and attached to a painted wood block. E.T. made it home with us, but I definitely wanted at least two more.

{2}  Take a Halliday. Handmade dress by Halliday Bertram. It's soft and warm and oh, so comfy. I love the skull and heart appliques at the bottom of the dress. Visit her site to see more. She was super friendly and offers custom work. 

{3} tMags. This giant magnet is glorious on my fridge. Yes, I know how to make my own magnets. Yes, I have all the materials. But half the challenge is finding images that speak to you. And this chick with her giant pink afro, said, take my ass home, NOW. So I did. Contact designer Tania Haggerty to see more (taniahaggerty@hotmail.com).

{4}  Aunt Jane Original Fabric, Quilts and Other Handmade Goodness. I couldn't resist this little photograph of the cat staring longingly at the chair of yarn. The colors were just beautiful and it had some kind of metallic sheen to it. And my secret "treasure" was a germ bag, a perfect little contraption that holds your tissues and hand sanitizer. 

1 comment:

Harvest Of Peace said...

Thanks for visiting the Gypsy Emporium! Our next show is March 20 at the Madrid Theatre from 10-4. This one is a family friendly event with over 35 handmade artisans, live stage performances and as always admission is free. The Gypsy Emporium Facebook page has all the details.