Thursday, August 9

Double Rainbows


I was sitting in my office working when the sky went from dark gray to eerie yellow. Thunderstorms were supposed to be coming in and the sudden light change pushed me away from my desk to take a look outside. I didn't even notice the rainbow at first, completely awed by just the clouds and color of the sky. When I finally turned my head, I saw this amazing rainbow that reached from end to end. It was the biggest, brightest and most brilliant rainbow I have ever seen. It enveloped the entire city and lasted for a long time. Screaming like a lunatic, I banged on my freighbor's* door so she could see it to. Even though I took a lot of pictures, it is impossible to capture the color, the feeling, the amazement of rainbows. You just have to be under it to enjoy it. But just like taking pictures of harvest moons and wandering ghosts, we all keep trying to capture these impossible moments.

*Freighbor - friend and neighbor

1 comment:

Linh + Tina said...

these are pretty awesome! but i know what you mean, rainbows are really hard to capture as you see them. we had a pretty good one here last weekend that i took pics of, i'll have to post them soon. :)