Tuesday, December 6

journaling


I started journaling when I was I was a preteen, corny and dramatic as only young girls can be. For years, I wrote regularly, documenting all the boys I liked, new jobs, school and every fight I had with my friends, my boyfriend or my parents. I don't write for myself as often as I like or should anymore, but I do return to it whenever my personal life is in turmoil. My most recent journal started last year when I was in the midst of a low point in my marriage. We were preparing for a divorce and it was really kind of devastating. The journal did not last long. My husband and I worked hard to change and make our way back together. We did and now it feels like so much time has passed. These are some pages that looking back, makes me laugh even though I was in so much pain.

This is the first time I drew and doodled with my journaling. On the very first page I had written:  Today seems unbearably long. I had a moment of sadness but I drew myself into the sunshine again. Even through the gasping, ugly tears, I was ever the optimist.

1 comment:

Sloane said...

Thanks for sharing, Linh. We all go through unbearably hard times in our life where all we want to do is hide. Thanks for opening your incredibly big & beautiful heart to all of us and letting us know ; we are not alone in our hurting. That there are times when life really does SUCK. But, our travails are not insurmountable and life does get better. Especially when you've got amazing friends on your side.